Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, now I think I'm gaining some insight into my t-top leaks.

Now, I know that there are leaks, meaning water getting into the t-tops, however, what I noticed when last stuck in heavy rain was that the water was pooling somewhere inside the t-top roof, so that when I stopped, the water would pour down the gap at the front onto my leg.

Now, here's what I found... yes, there are some areas which many need to be sealed, however, I also noticed there is a metal plate that runs underneath the outer rubber, which also holds the plastic weather strip that runs along the outer edge of the top.

This part has some weather strip at the back of it, in two places, one large area where it is screwed on and another thin strip that runs behind the edge. (see photos)

This weather stripping is pretty worn out, so I have no doubt that there is water getting in here and being held captive!

Question is, can I get the weather stripping on its own?

Does anyone else have any suggestions, recommendations etc. I purchased the outer rubber seals, between the t-top and window, but I don't think this is going to help much, especially when they appear to be slightly smaller than the ones already on there (Grrr)...

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
The only suggestion I can make is to download the 4th gen firebird parts manual and find part numbers. Then check with GM dealer to see if the parts are still available. 4th gens still too new to have much repo support.

If you can't find the parts book in our 4th gen tech section, go to www.ls1lt1.com. Go to 4th gen section sticky threads. Link to parts book there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts