Firebird Nation banner

Monsoon E23

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GaryDoug 
#1 ·
Everything works fine except the CD and I get a E23 on the display. Is this fixable or sohould I just change out the head unit?

Thanks for any replies.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
First, make sure there is no CD jammed in the player or upside down. Then, try resetting the unit by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it.

E23 is supposed to indicate a problem with communication between the radio and the internal CD drive. If it continues after disconnecting the battery, the unit may have a defective CD drive. There is a red cable between the two parts and you can check that by opening the radio, but it is not very likely the problem. If you decide to take it apart, be very careful removing the front panel; it is not hard but is tricky to do without breaking the tabs.
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Audio equipment Electrical wiring
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electricity

Attachments

Reactions: Injuneer
#4 ·
I had a similar condition once (forgot the code), As a last resort, I took apart the CD drive to look for anything wrong. There was something jammed in the mechanism, and I was able to free it up. But I can't tell you the details because I was just trying a bunch of things and don't know what I really did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.