Firebird Nation banner

Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Yesterday 
#1 ·
Vote only after the pictures are up! That will be in a week or so.
Which section(s) received treatment?
Section I0
Section II0
Section III0
Section IV0
Section V0

#2 ·
I picked up the Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner after several hours of research and reading. The leather on the top of my rear seats in my 4th gen is contracting, hard, dry, stiff, and all that bad stuff that comes from letting it sit in the sun. I applied some to a specific region of the seat, and I will apply more over the next few days. the other regions will be left untouched. I'll post some pictures once I am done, and you guys can guess which region(s) the product was used as well as comment on the effectiveness. Don't vote yet, I just set up the poll cause I know I won't be able to edit this later. I'll edit the image down so that the sections are labeled.

As additional protection for the leather, I am either putting the rear seats down, or using a reflector that is angled back out the rear hatch that lies over the top of the seats while they are up. I also picked up some nice zebra shades (the two rectangular panels that have rounded corners and fold up into a circle) that have hot pink trim.
I know, real stylin', right? It was the best thing available at the store that would fit the nicest, and for the price it will be worth it for the dash. As well, it folds up small, and lies great on that flat crevice to the left in the trunk. The backside of the shades are silver, luckily, so that faces out and zebra print goes in.

Anyway, more info and pictures later. For those that are interested, I am using 1/12 of a t-shirt (square) that is 100% cotton, and white. I don't have gobs of cash to buy nice terry cloths or microfiber cloths, but I do have t-shirts I don't wear anymore.
I am going to have to construct a rack for drying out my t-shirt strips, as well as storing my spare parts. Guess what I'll be using... CARDBOARD! Yup, that is right. Cardboard is free (depending on how you acquire it) and strong. I might have trouble working storage for my stock headers in the design, but I'll think of something. I am not one to just put it in a box and pile boxes, I like to be inventive and have some fun. :p disregard my digression... I am wishfully think about what I would do if I didn't do so much work.

Cheers,
Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.