Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped the engine in my bird to another 3.8 last week. ziplocked/tag bolts, took pictures, etc. I have got the engine back in the car everything is bolted up now. i am just having trouble figure out where a couple vacuum lines go. my map sensor has two ports on it for vacuum lines. I know the back one goes around (from left side of the engine to the right) the intake mainfold to connect to the fuel rail. I am not sure where the one in the front goes though. I know there is vacuum line that is in the wiring harness that I have not connected and there is one that splits into 3 hose connections like a T by the pcm (there are only 2 connected to the T at this time). At first i though the line from the wiring harness connected to the T but I am not sure now because of the fact that MAP sensor is still missing a line.

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
I'm not real familiar with the 3.8, so I recommend downloading the 2000 service manual in the 4th gen tech section. The manual should have vacuum line diagrams and a whole driveability & emissions section.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the service manual helped a ton. I was missing a line. it was tucked behind the engine. I know what needs to be done now.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts