Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have LO3 v8 I had tested all the cylinders and only one was reading 90 psi the other 7 were at about 120. Would that cause the car to shake at speeds above 60 about 80? its been like that for about 2 years not sure if its related to after replacing the clutch and flywheel because the new flywheel is a lot lighter then the stock one so I was guessing that there is more vibrating and shaking at highway speeds.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Because you have 8 cylinders, having one that is low on compression shouldn't make car shake. I've driven v-8 cars that had a plug wire completely off. The effect was barely noticeable.

Have you thought about the drive shaft being out of balance. Or something amiss in front suspension or brakes. Wheels and tires also.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was thinking of the drive shaft might be the issue also. How can I check the wheels to tell if they are the issue and how do I check the drive shaft ?

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,405 Posts
Also might want to question the balance of the new flywheel and clutch components.

Your previous thread as I recall had to do with a rough idle. That was where I suggested you might want to follow up with respect to the low compression on the rough idle. But you never followed up on that. As far as vibration, listen to sea dog with respect to the vibrations.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shaking make the whole car shake not just a small shake. I will get the drive shaft checked this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts