Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
I guess the owners of old cars will have to shell out the higher price for ethanol free gas. E10 has wrecked havoc with older vehicles, I don't even want to think about more ethanol in fuel.

A good plan to force people to buy a new car. But what about the millions of people who can't afford a new car.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm saying and not to mention cash for clunkers that drove price of used cars up by about

$3000

·
Administrator
2,465 Posts
That's what I'm saying and not to mention cash for clunkers that drove price of used cars up by about

$3000
Did anyone notice that after Cash for Clunkers gasoline went from $4+/gal to $2 and change and pretty much stayed there?

Does the government realize that more ethanol in our fuel will only increase fuel consumption? AGAIN!

I finally found my next vehicle. A freeking left hand drive FIAT Panda. 80MPG. Eighty! They are not sold in the US, I wonder why? V12 Jaguar's get 600 miles to a 20 gallon tank in Europe and struggle to pull 300 miles to the same tank in the US, WHY?

Fuel economy and government regulations are a joke in this country, and now seeing that European cars put down superior HP/TQ numbers with nearly double the fuel economy, I think there is a conspiracy going on. I seriously do. Importing that FIAT which is 2 years old would cost 1/4th the price of a Prius and it gets double the fuel economy.

....seriously, ask ourselves, why does the most fuel efficient vehicle in the US market only pull half the fuel economy of several European vehicles? ...and why are those European models (specifically engine and drivetrain combinations) not sold over here?

Go look at FIAT.com, they sell ONE vehicle. It comes in 30 different flavors all of which can have "options" added to "personize" it, but, the FIAT 500 is all FIAT US sells. ...again, WHY?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts