Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Firebird that I just recently bought. Heres the list of issues that I think leads to a bad BCM, but am not sure...

Wipers only work on low and high after using the washer, no delay functions at all.

Windows do not roll down, though they did when I bought the car

Turning the key back to ACC does nothing at all

Security light stays on the entire time the car is running, car starts and drives fine

Radiator fan runs constantly, even with AC/heat off

Headlights pop up even on parking circuit (though this seems to have randomly stopped happening)

Is this all related to a bad BCM or is it a bunch of unrelated issues that need individual attention? It was a dirt cheap car that I know has issues, just dont want to chase down the wrong parts.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,084 Posts
Only the windows, and possibly the security lamp, have anything to do with the BCM. And with the windows, it's only a BCM issue if you lose the radio power at the same time. Security light is usually bad contacts in the key cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Ok, I just thought I read somewhere that the headlight thing was related to the BCM somehow, probably misinformation. The radio does not cut out ever. So in essence these are all just a bunch of unrelated ailments in the car. Thinking a VATS bypass will solve the security light until I can replace the entire ignition cylinder to get the ACC function back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.