Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '99 v-6 'bird has cracked plastic door panels and cloth interior. This seems to be a common problem on later 'birds. I found an uncracked set on a '93 with leather in a local pick'npay. They were dirt cheap and in great shape, but they're a darker grey. I spent a long time looking at SEM 'Color Coat' chip charts at an auto paint supply. Thought I found a perfect match and ordered 15813 'Medium Dark Pewter'. The top on the can looked much lighter, but they said the chip was more accurate. It wasn't. I sprayed it (not returnable) and it is way too light.
Anybody found a better match?
BTW, the yard, Chesterfield Auto Parts in Richmond, VA currently has '93 bird LT1, a '94 (?) Camaro LT1, a '96 bird v-6, and a '99 Camaro v-6. There are a couple of 3rd gens and a '79 403 there, too. I don't know how long it will be before they get crushed.
David

·
Administrator
15,796 Posts
My 94 interior was “Graphite” cloth. I made a blanking panel to fill in where the audio system was removed (it’s a track car). I used a spray can from Eastwood and the match was excellent. Also refinished the A-pillar after I grafted on a 2-gauge pod. Same Eastwood paint. Unfortunately can’t remember the color name, because this was 20+ years ago. But it’s worth looking at the Eastwood chips.

Here's a picture of the blanking plate taken just before I sold the car in March of this year:

Car Vehicle Plant White Speedometer

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,203 Posts
I go here for matching interior paint.: ColorBond
It has worked perfectly for me to restore damaged interior parts. I wish I had found this stuff before replacing my rear hatch upper panel. Anyone want to buy a slightly scraped one ;-) I can't see your color but mine is regular dark pewter.
The color on the cap in the ad does not represent the real color

SEM is great for matching my boat upholstery...but not the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts