Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Invest or Relieve
Do I Keep the Firebird or Get Rid of it?
Keep it as a side project (hardest option)112.50%
Sell it after acquiring a daily driver (easiest option)112.50%
Keep it but continue modifying (easy but gambling)675.00%

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am indecisive when it comes to these things, and getting others opinions may help. That, and regardless of issues, she is not a bad car...

Keeping as a side project is hardest because of income, that's money that will be invested in a car while hoping nothing goes wrong with a daily driver.

Selling it after getting a daily driver is easiest because I will have extra money in my pocket while driving a car I could care less about while saving for a better car.

Keeping it as a daily driver with continued modification is easy, however, it has 157,000 miles on it and who knows what could randomly happen one day, putting me out of a car and out of money.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a 96 with 170k on it. I acquired it at 150k. I have put $6k into it since the original purchased, and other than a new motor and some suspension, i am almost done modifying it. It should last another 125k before i'm through with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd say keep it and don't mod it a whole lot. Use it as you would a regular daily. Maintain and improve the essentials. Maybe a few subtle mods like the intake, exhaust, wheels, etc.

Beware, though. The 3800's aren't bulletproof, but they're very common. They came in tons and tons of GM cars.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,291 Posts
I have a different opinion about the 3800 than Stacy. I have the same engine in a 2001 Grand Prix and I have 225,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. Their worst fault is the antifreeze GM used, it eats gaskets. Other than that, it's a durable engine. Others have much higher mileage on them than mine.

If you buy another used car, you are buying an unknown. With the car you already own, you know it's history and what's already been repaired.That has it's advantages.

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
I say keep it as daily and save your pesos for a rainy day or new toy.

·
Administrator
2,430 Posts
If you buy another used car, you are buying an unknown. With the car you already own, you know it's history and what's already been repaired.That has it's advantages.
What Formula71 said.

·
Administrator
2,430 Posts
*face-palm* March! Doh!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What Key Keeper Said...

Hahahaha lololol

I couldnt resist...

I say do what feels good to you in your situation...

Only you know it best.

I would suggest Financially Achievable.

Cause my Bird Should be changed from Christine to Bunny, cause it just keeps going and going, and Im not talking about the Car here People....

The Bills...of course she is getting better and better but it is never ending...lol

Every time I put some money and time in her I see three more things I want.

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Weird...showed up as a new post for me....yawn..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.