Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Pontiac firebird I just put a new water pump on after drilling two bolts out and new Opti spark on. I now have it back together but I have two wires with eyelet on them one is black and the other one has two brown wires do theses two bolt on to the ignition coil? I know the black one does but not sure of the brown... It could also be a tan color.

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
I seem to recall what you're talking about. I believe they are all grounded together at the coil. ...went to look at mine to verify, can't see them. Since they're all eyelets, that definitely indicates they are "bolted", which means grounded. Just to be on the safe side though, download the 1996 Factory Service Manual and look over the wiring diagram. You'll find this manual very useful in the future, so, familiarize yourself with it. It seems intimidating at first glance, but, it's like having an ASE Certified mechanic specializing in your specific year/make/model in your pocket.

You will need a PDF Reader such as Adobe to search the manual. It will open in the browser, but it will not be searchable, and it's thousands of pages, so...

Welcome Aboard!

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,240 Posts

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,240 Posts
Couple clearer photos in this Shoebox article on keeping the ICM cool.

You will notice the coil connectors are different than yours. Photo's are of a 95 that has dual coil connectors and your 96 only has one connector. But everything else is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts