Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
In his weekly expert Q&A, senior auto editor Mike Allen solves the mystery of the Honda Accord's working radio gone dark-with some help from a reader.

View the full article
My wife's 98 display went blank. I checked all fuses, they are good. How do you remove the stereo? Does the trim around the head unit just pop off? I don't want to break the trim.

·
Autobody and Restoration
13,490 Posts
I am not sure as I really never got into japanese cars but most radios today reuire a tool or a key as it is called to remove the radio. If this is true of your radio, then on the radio face you will find 2 or 4 square cut outs abut 1/8 of an inch in size. You can surpass the tool (key) using a long thin pick or possibly though I never tried it like this, you could possibly even try an unwound wire hanger. When you pop the tab and feel play in the radio equally on both sides you just pull it out or it will remove the face and you unbolt the radio from there. Otherwise from what I see in the pic, if there is no removable facia cover on the dash around the radio, it seems best to just remove the center console and get to it from under the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts