Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I’m really happy and excited to be here, I’m even more excited to share my car with all of you. I literally just got this awesome 79 T/A. It needs help but it’s got a lot going for it hiding underneath some of the silliness. The 2nd set of vents kill me and the formula hood has to go. But here’s the deal, I paid 11,000 and left the factory as a black 403 equipped automatic TA with ws6 handling package. Unfortunately, the owner scrapped engine and transmission for a 4 speed with a built 350. But hey, it screams bandit restoration. What do you think!?
Textile Font Pattern Paper Wood
Light Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Auto part
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Bumper
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I apologize in advance to the purists who hate this 350. But still, all in all I think I got a great deal.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,404 Posts
Welcome to Firebird Nation ! ! !

Reactions: Patriotemt22

·
Administrator
2,465 Posts
Wow! Those rear vents! ...just when you think you've seen it all. Shame they aren't facing forward, at least then you could lie and say they cool the rear brakes. :)

Looks like a nice ride as-is. Personally, I wouldn't do the Bandit thing. It's become cliche at this point. EVERYBODY has a Bandit, and everyone else is building one. I'd dare to be different and just make it right.

...but that's me.

YOU DO YOU!

Honestly, those 6.6L engines were dogs. Nothing like pre-76, and they only got worse every year. Very disappointed when I drove one. The automatic was even worse. No comparison to the 5.7L 4-spd 1980 Z28 I was driving. my opinion, I think a 350, even a stock one is the better option on a few levels. LOVE the 6.6L shaker though.

Welcome Aboard!

...and do as you wish. If anyone gives you crap, tell them to (or tell them I said to) F-Off!

Oh! That Formula/Trans Am thing going on with the hood? You might be able to blame CHiP's for that. Ponch's gold 'bird had that. His had proper Formula scoops though, can't say I recognize those. Looks like aftermarket scoops from a vintage JC Whitney catalog?

Awesome 'bird though. I'd do $11k too.

Make a thread to share and keep track of all the work you do. We like to watch. ;)

...and welcome aboard!

Reactions: Patriotemt22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I wasn’t expecting that reply! I was bracing myself for the “you paid too much” and the “wow someone ruined that car” routine. I’m really happy with it. I’m going to do bit by bit and change a few things but it’s a really solid start point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts