Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an LS6 and am starting to crawl around under it. The exhaust system has a bunch of bends all in frnt of the fuel tank---it looks like two separate pipes coming from up front (Im too old to get under there too see. I dont see mufflers?? The pipes all snmaked by the tank are not smooth---they look like motorcyle mufflers or like someone took massive square jawed pliers and crimped them along the pipe lead to the chrome tips. Engine isnt running so Ive never heard the thing. Is that sounding stock?

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
Images are really needed. I'm almost positive the OEM pipes are crinkled on the inside radius of the bends, but not sure if that's what you're seeing. It is hard to see the muffler without at least getting shoulder deep into the rear. ...there are so many different exhaust mods for these cars. Visuals are really needed. Cat-back exhaust is the most common "first upgrade". Chances are just as high it's aftermarket as it is OEM. With the cost of these systems though, you normally don't get "crinkled pipes", so I'm leaning towards OEM personally from your description. ...or a really cheap system installed or fabricated by a local shop. Need pix.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Images are really needed. I'm almost positive the OEM pipes are crinkled on the inside radius of the bends, but not sure if that's what you're seeing. It is hard to see the muffler without at least getting shoulder deep into the rear. ...there are so many different exhaust mods for these cars. Visuals are really needed. Cat-back exhaust is the most common "first upgrade". Chances are just as high it's aftermarket as it is OEM. With the cost of these systems though, you normally don't get "crinkled pipes", so I'm leaning towards OEM personally from your description. ...or a really cheap system installed or fabricated by a local shop. Need pix.
FOUND THEM! On the ws6 store site they are GMMG Chambered Exhaust System
  • 2-1/2" Tailpipes, straight back, angled cut
  • T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Dyno tested, improved horsepower
  • Deep, Throaty Tone
  • Mounts to Existing Factory Exhaust Mounting Points
  • Certified California Emissions
  • Fits 82-2002 F-Bodies

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They cost 900 bucks---man I stole this car. $6,500 with 67K miles. Air box has LS1 store decals too--wonder how much was dont to it---its a BARN FIND and sat since 2007

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
That thing is probably going to sound really mean. Ya, that crimped section of pipe is the muffler. Reminds me of Cherry Bomb / Glass Pack exhaust.

VROOM VROOM!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts