Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Anco 61-16 washer fluid pump for my 1979 Pontiac Firebird with no delay on the wipers will this pump work I looked back and it says it will fit a delay wiper motor but will it fit a non delay? I ordered it from rock auto and it has just been shipped

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered a Anco 61-16 washer fluid pump for my 1979 Pontiac Firebird with no delay on the wipers will this pump work I looked back and it says it will fit a delay wiper motor but will it fit a non delay? I ordered it from rock auto and it has just been shipped
my question is will a Delay pump work in the place of a non delay pump? Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
I can’t remember for sure but I’m thinking no. what parts do you have? That may help determine. Some pumps were on the bottle and some on the wiper motor. Delay was on the motor and some non delay were on the pump but i think it varies depending on the year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can’t remember for sure but I’m thinking no. what parts do you have? That may help determine. Some pumps were on the bottle and some on the wiper motor. Delay was on the motor and some non delay were on the pump but i think it varies depending on the year.
the old part looks close to the one I ordered. The old one came off the motor looks to be the original that came with the car

Luggage and bags Bag Sleeve Tool Metal
Product Circuit component Auto part Automotive wheel system Fashion accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts