Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 1980 Trans Am turbo Indy 500 Pace car. I recently aqquired the car and the turbo lights do not work. I was out in my garage earlier messing around with them trying to get them working. I took my test light and tested the voltage on the connector where the three wires come in from the bulbs. I traced them back and it appears that all three wires go to different spots on the intake. I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere or anything thay tells me exactly what those wires run to on the intake. Now, the car is not shifting until it hits 3000-3500rpm. The car drove perfect before I started messing with the lights. Can anyone please shed any light on my issue or tell me where I can find the diagram online?!?! TIA

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sounds like you bumped a vacuum line off that goes to the tranny.. no clue on the boost lights. There should be a vacuum modulator on the passenger side of the tranny. It has a vacuum line that goes in the engine compartment somewhere, not sure where it gets vacuum on a turbo car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im having the same problem but my turbo lights work i have the same car with 39,000 miles jut got it 100 miles age everything was fine now the car is not shifting normal and the turbo light stays on normal and help please

1 - 3 of 3 Posts