Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1979 Trans-am, 403 engine, turbo 350 transmission. I am replacing the transmission cooling lines.I have got the old lines out which was not easy, I am having trouble installing the new lines because of all the bends, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Steve, If you didn't buy prefabricated lines to replace them, then there's a little more work involved than simply installing. If you go to a parts store for tubing, you'll need to cut and flare your own ends. Not sure which stage you're at, but you can rent a flaring kit from Advance or Autozone and a small pipe bender is handy but not necessary. You can use a larger diameter pipe and bend the tube around it, but a bender gives better control over the angles. I would just bend the tubing as you need to to fit it alongside the engine, then bend it back to get the ends to line up at the bellhousing and radiator. Getting the front of the car up for some more room would definitely help too. Isn't really a whole lot to it except to get the threaded ends in correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts