Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well this is my thrid Firebird in lifetime and new member here. I am from Oklahoma and I have just purchased a 2002 Firebird Convertable. Yes it is the 3.8 V6 with automatic transmission, but it only has 77000 miles on it and is in excellent shape. I found this beautiful car sitting in front of a farm house out on a back road (paved not dirt) and asked the gentleman how much he wanted for it, well a few minutes later and after driving the car we came to a agreeable sum and now the car is mine. It is not perfect I had to replace the plugs and wires, (had been sitting and the feild mice got to the plug wires) the drives side headlight motor was inoperable (replaced), and the electric antenna is broken (replacing this weekend). I absolutly love this car and it drives like a dream. The only thing I cant figure out is that my headlights wont go to high beam, I beleive its the switch in the steering colum because it doesnt even click when trying to switch the setting. So if anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot me your opinion. Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here and congrats on the new car.

Look at the Tech Articles, 4th Gen, Master Index. There should be a couple of articles in there to help you out.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,425 Posts
Welcome to Firebird Nation!

The lever for the dimmer is connected to the switch by a long rod. The dimmer switch is down next to the ignition switch. The rod is adjusted by loosening the bolts that hold the switch, and moving the switch up and down on the steering column. Might be the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts