Firebird Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Firebird nation. I am a new member to the site, but not so new. May sound confusing. I am the wife of Cajun. So I am familiar with the site. I decided to join the site myself, so I can get a little more education about the cars that we have and the cars that Cajun loves so much. I know from him that this site has a great group of people in it and I look forward to learning more about everyone and their love for their cars. So, I want to say thank you for accepting me to the site.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy

and welcome to the board.

My wife didn t have understand the love to Firebird in the beginning.

After after she likes more and more, she help when ever she can.

She likes now the car shows.

You will see we are all crazy,

but you should ever know, our wifes have the 1st place in our live!!!!!!

So long
Best regards
Sascha

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome Melissa ! Glad to have you. We enjoy your husbands humor and input very much. Hope you enjoy the sight.

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Welcome to FBN ! :welcome500:

Hey Mama Cajun ! Glad to have you here, with your own identity. I'm a North LA hillbilly. But I love Cajun food and traditional Cajun music. I reckin you can stir up some of them good Cajun dishes, like Cajun tells us about all the time.

I love to hear real Cajuns talk, with that thick Cajun accent. Sometimes I can almost hear a little accent, in some of the stuff Cajun posts on here. Do both of ya'll have a thick accent ?

I've read a lot about the history of Cajuns. One thing I found very sad is the fact that the education system tried to do away with the Cajun French language. For a long time it was surpressed, in some areas. I bought an accordian from Larry Miller. He said that the Cajun accent was such a stigma, when he was young, that he and some of his friends, would practice speaking without the accent. He said they got good enuff so that they could speak where nobody could tell they were Cajun. That's sad. :(

But, thank God, there was a resurrection of Cajun culture. And they even started teaching Cajun French in some of the schools. But, I reckin you know all that. Anyhow, anytime you feel like posting something that "sounds" or looks Cajun, just let-r-rip !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. I look forward to chatting with all of you. And Don, to answer your question, I do have a Cajun accent. Not as thick as Robert, but I have one. And yes I can cook up some good Cajun food that would make you wanna slap someone. I can make ya mouth water with just the description. So when you are in the mood for good Cajun food, let me know. I'll make you mouth water with just the thought. LOL until next time. Good night

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Welcome to the FBN Melissa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts