Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any suggestions, I have a 92 that when I switch on only the parking lights the headlights pop up, the lights are not on but they pop up. Both headlight motors continue to run for 4 or 5 seconds with no grinding at all. Sounds like just spinning. Same happens when I switch the headlights on, they pop up but motors continue to run (with no grinding), Headlights both go down but again the motors continue to spin. I've just replaced the HCM to no avail. Next option would be headlight switch? From what I've read it doesn't appear to be motors. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

On 4th gen cars the headlights go up when park lights are selected because of worn gears.

But on 3rd gen cars, from what I understand, some other small part in headlight motor wears out causing this same symptom.

You might want to do a site search including the 3rd gen tech section. If that doesn't pan out, try a google search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sea Dog, throwing me off due to no grinding, may be the bushings your talking about, I'll open up a motor and check it out. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts