Firebird Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a weird problem. So when I have my low beams on. My right low beam is on normal and the three other headlights are like just glowing. But when I put my high beams on my right side turns on normally bit the other side just goes dark. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,240 Posts
With the change over in the site software, we lost the vehicle info that normally appeared under your screen name and avatar. You need to go to your profile and fill out the "about" info. Or add a "signature" with info like year of car, etc. Otherwise it's hard for people to help you without knowing your car.

·
Administrator
14,240 Posts
Not your fault.... the owners of the site (a large company that buys up sites like this for advertising revenue) changed the software with little advanced warning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bad ground is very often the reason for weird/crazy light problems.

Check ground Wiring and clean the contacts. Possibly this will solve the problems.

Tom

·
Administrator
14,240 Posts
Check page 8-23 of the factory service manual (FSM) for the Firebird/Domestic headlight wiring diagram. That will help you find the wire colors (low = tan / high = lt green), grounds (G105 / G106), wiring splices (S152 / S153) and the harness connectors (C160 / C165) where shorts/corrosion can occur. Starting on page 8-49 is a table showing where each component is located. For example, the grounds are located on top of the radiator support.

Free FSM download, courtesy of GaryDoug:

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,068 Posts
The problem is that the driver-side headamp bulb is not making a ground connection. That can occur at one of two likely places.

The first, most likely, and easiest to check is the driver-side ground G106, attached to the radiator bracket. If it looks ok, just loosen the screw and re-tighten it.

The second place is connector C160 (5-wires) hanging just behind the driver-side headlight motor bracket. Examine the black wire and wiggle all 5 wires while the low beams are on and see if the driver-side lights.

Reactions: Injuneer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts