Firebird Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Garage turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having allot of trouble trying to create a data log that I can download and view I won't waste time saying what I've tried so far because maybe I missed a simple step.

·
Administrator
2,465 Posts
1.) The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters(Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)

2.) If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller. Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them

3.) **Polite Note!** There are currently a lot of clone adapters circulating that are broken/not working on the CANBUS protocol - if your vehicle isn't working, check the adapter if it's a clone(it may work on older vehicles though)

4.) You should be seeking support from the author via their Google Play page where I found points 1-3.

If you're not willing to tell us what you have done, you're probably not going to get a reply. You'll get out of this thread what you put into it. I suspect your problem is somewhere in 2 or 3.

Seriously, you have given us nothing.

...you can't create a log.

CAN YOU EVEN CONNECT?

DO YOU GET ANY DATA?

DID YOU BUY THE PRODUCT OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE PIRATE SITE?

Every little bit of information you can offer helps us help you.

Good luck.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
It's simple. While viewing Realtime Information, start the Settings screen (little gear on lower left), and tap Start Logging. Tap Stop Logging in Settings when done. You can also set this to automatically log anytime while connected, but that is not the default in the settings. Locate the log file in Internal storage (or SD card if selected in settings) using a file manager app of some kind. Look in the torquelogs folder.

Have you selected the PID's you want to log first?

If all this doesn't work, you might want to tell us what you are doing instead.

·
Garage turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary I have hit the gear in the lower left that said start the settings screen selected the pids I want to log and chosen to have it log anytime it's connected creating a new log every time the OBD2 is connected. It's been a while since I bought it but I bought one that had more than a thousand 5 star reviews saying it worked not that that's telling you it actually will but I lost the receipt. I tried to get the logs sent to Twitter, my email address, Facebook, and the Webserver URL included http://ian-hawkins.com/torque.phpI didn't see the option to load it to the SD card that's what I wanted in the first place I will look for it.

Thank you

Zump thanks for the links.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
Were you able to find the file by using a file manager? You can download several free ones online.

·
Garage turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still trying this is totally new to me I didn't think it would be hard to download a data log I paid for Torque Pro because I have met other people that said they used it to create logs. This is the OBD2 connector I'm using http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/File:Clone2.jpgit was something like $30 dollars it displays real time information accurately so I figured it's working I've checked the ambient air temperature reading, codes, and boost level to compare it to what the OBD2 adapter sends to torque. I did search Google a bit before making my first post I found that a program called Touchscan is a good accessory to add to Torque but it's not on Google play. The first thing I did before searching for a solution or posting here was look online for an instruction manual I didn't find one. I also checked a support link from the author before posting maybe if I spent a couple of days looking for a gem in all the random things people are talking about I could have found a solution. I figured this device was extremely to connect and see real time information so maybe I missed something simple necessary to create and look at a data log. When purchasing a device that thousands of people use I shouldn't have to put in the same amount of work that it takes to make a scholarly review to use the device and quote what I found and missed.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
First, Touchscan is not an add-on for Torque. It is a competitor and not that good of one as far as I am concerned. Perhaps you meant to type TorqueScan, which is a very good add-on.

See if you already have a file manager app and look for the log file. If not, download a free one from Play. I recommend the one actually named "File Manager".

I have never used the feature to send the log file elsewhere, so can't help much.

·
Garage turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to try File Manager by Cheetah Mobile. I prefer to log the files to the memory card over exporting them how do you set the Torque to save the files to the sd card? I did mean Touchscan I was willing to use something not as good if I can get it to work in a timely manner. Thank you for the advice so far.

·
Garage turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Gary. I opened the File Manager and everything was there. I have an EGR P1404 code and I need to open the files like an HTML document or something else because as a text document they don't make sense.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
Now that you know the file(s) was created, you can focus on why it wasn't sent out. Since I never used that feature, I can't help for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts