Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I striped a 1997 trans am .I put all exterior parts and interior parts on my 1994 firebird .including springs and calipers ..my question is ,is there a difference in the structure of firebird.,compared to trans am.I was wondering if T tops can be put on the firebird?

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Yes a hard top can be converted to a t-top. Search the site and do a google search. There was a pretty good write up circulating out there on how to do the task.

It does involve some skills in body work and metal work,

·
Registered
10 Posts
As you might guess from my username, I am primarily a Mopar guy. I have a thing for G-body Daytonas. Years ago I transplanted a T-roof into my '89. This not something I would ever attempt again. It took most of two weeks of spare time to get it done. This does not include time spent removing parts from junkyard cars.

You really have no idea of the headache involved until you've done it. If you want a t-roof car, buy a t-roof car. In the end it will cost a lot less and save you a mountain of work.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
There.s a lot of difference between converting a 3rd gen and a 4th gen. The 4th gen is a fairly easy conversion from what I've seen on other peoples posts and web sites. The 4th gen is put together in a way that is almost made to be converted to t-tops.

On the 4th gen, you remove the roof, do some cutting to some steel supports. Then install the t-roof components.

Here's a write up on the jobhttp://www.z28.com/threads/4thgen-t-top-conversion.105495/

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
If you go to page in link and scroll down to post # 6, there's a link that takes you to pics of the conversion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts