Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone see anything wrong with putting a set of black gta wheels on my '87 formula 350? I've been back and forth on keeping this thing stock, but my ws6 wheels that are currently on it are in bad shape. Any input would be great, thanks.

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,830 Posts
What is bad shape? Wheels can often be "restored" and powder coated.

If you like the GTA wheels, install them (assuming they will fit correctly). Changing out the wheels isn't like a color change, custom interior, or radical suspension/engine mods. You can always and easily return to stock wheels.

I had IROC wheels on my '80 Z28. I loved them. I even think they complimented the car much better than the stock wheels or Cragar's of the period.

...this is *your* car, do what *you* want. You do not need anyones approval but your own.

Just keep the factory wheels around in case you decide to return to them.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
If the wheels are from a 3rd gen they should fit fine. 4th gen wheels on a 3rd gen are a different story. They need spacers or they rub on the inner fender well for rear tires. Can't say how well front tires would fit.

Also if you go to a different size tire on your car, it will throw the computer off. So you would have to get a new chip burned with the different tire/wheel size in the program. That is if you want speedometer to read correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Nothing wrong with doing that at all. The GTA wheels will look very nice. You might want to keep the original wheels and get them restored so you can put them back on later if you choose. Or if you sell the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.