Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently acquired 94 TA Vert has only the "Trans Am" badges under the mid moulding on the doors and the decal on the tail light filler, yet the RPO sticker and the build sheets and invoice I just got from Allied Vaughn indicate Y84 and clearly spell out "GTA."

Was there no badging on these cars like the third gen models?

I'm about to have the front bumper cover repainted due to prior "bug juice" damage, and will have to remove the "black on black silhouette" emblem on the tip of the cover for the repaint. I would consider a GTA Emblem only if appropriate, as a replacement.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Administrator
15,796 Posts
I've never seen a 94 Trans Am with a "GTA" badge. Nor one with "GT" badge. The actual model designation was "GT" . I spent a lot of time at dealerships in 1994 trying to find a car.

The "Illustrated Buyer's Guide - FIREBIRD" indicates that all 94 Trans Am convertibles (the convertible was "new" and released late in the 94 model year) were designated "GT". There were no "plain" Trans Am convertibles. The rare ones were the 25th Anniversary Trans Am GT convertibles - the dealer I bought my Formula from told me he managed to get a 25th Anniversary convertible, and hid it away in a warehouse for future rarity. I never actually saw it.

The above referenced book does not mention a 1994 "GTA", nor does the "Firebird Red Book". The "GTA" designation, with badging, was a 3rd Gen feature, as far as I am aware.

Reactions: roorancher
1 - 2 of 2 Posts