Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All...

Long time Firebird owner, first time Forum Member. My love affair began in the late 1970s, with this 400, 4 Speed beauty:

MyFirstFirebirdRight02_zpskkcu744u.jpg

I traded the Formula for my first Trans Am in the early 1980s. It was the most beautiful AND most impotent of all my Firebirds:

TurboTransAm1981_zps10juorvp.jpg

So after 2 Turbo replacements and 1 dealer rebuild(....which took 2 other dealers to get right) of that computer controlled quadrajet, I bought my very first

brand new Firebird in the late 1980s. Pontiac was finally getting their heads out of their arses with a fuel injected, 5.0 Litre, 5 Speed manual.

FirebirdFormula1988_zpsfxm4dpj4.jpg

Okay...sorry...long story, short. I just bought my 5th 4th Generation Firebird. As much as I love all the other generations, they got it right

with Gen 4!

I just traded a high mileage 2002 WS6 TA, for a very low mileage 1999 Formula Firehawk. I'm really surprised how much quicker the Firehawk seems. I know

it is only 7 horsepower difference on paper. It seems like a lot...measuring by seat of the pants.

Firehawk20160228-03Right_zpsik2kguin.jpg

So anyway, I came across the forum and thought I should probably join and learn stuff. HOWDY ALL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.