Firebird Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BillyMagg
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm having a Jones for a kool, kinda retro look wooden steering wheel. My 69 Z-28 had a factory wooden wheel, they really were the good old days??? kould have had 4 wheel discs or two 4 barrel carbs?? so yes they were no doubt the good old days before brother Obama owned GM, a brand new Z was around 4500.00, and anybody who wanted to work could get a job?? LOL

Any way, does anyone know the part number and could you post a link to a high quality wood round directional direction handle??

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
I think that most pontiac and firebird parts suppliers have wood steering wheels for a 2nd gen. I know the NPD catalog has them listed.

Latest NPD firebird catalog has Grant wood wheel for $166 plus $24 for hub adapter kit.

·
Registered
'70 Esprit TA clone Pontiac 400
1,038 Posts
I had a wood Grant Challenger Series wheel for many years. I ordered it with the finger grips on the backside. Not hot in summer or cold in winter like a stock plastic Esprit wheel.

NOTATAsteadyatspeed.jpg

·
BillyMagg
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a wood Grant Challenger Series wheel for many years. I ordered it with the finger grips on the backside. Not hot in summer or cold in winter like a stock plastic Esprit wheel.

NOTATAsteadyatspeed.jpg
Thanks guys, that is what I was looking for, I will try to check with that source and have a look. I like the ones with the finger grooves cut on the front side.

·
BillyMagg
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

NOTATAsteadyatspeed.jpg
Was your wheel a three spoke or a four spoke dual plane spoke arrangement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts