Firebird Nation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any FN or f-body clubs in western GA? Prefferably Columbus? Looking to meet fellow enthusiasts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't currently have a chapter there, but if you want to start one, let us know.
You know Bob, Id love too, but I read the regs. There is absolutely no way I could find 4 people, let alone 8. I know myself and one other person would be interested. If you have any other ideas, Id really appreciate it!

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,275 Posts
We can also send messages to members of the site who live in GA to see if more would be interested in joining.

I'm here to help if this is something you would like to do.

Layna
National Chapter Director

·
Larry
893 Posts
You can also download a copy of our flyer, and post it on craigslist. It is free, and a ton of people look through craigslist daily. Just make your heading read like this: 67-02 Firebird and Trans Am owners. Then briefly explain you are seeking members to start a local chapter of FBNCC for fellow enthusiasts. Be courteous in your invitation, and you will see results. I started llike Bob instructed you to do. I became a national member, then I made posts here in the Tennessee forum. Before you knew it, we had enough people to start a chapter. It took me about 45 days to round up quality people, who are family oriented, and would be a positive addition to the club. Some where already members here before I was. We became a chapter in December of last year, so we are a fledgling chapter. But with spring in the air, we hope to actively recruit more members. Good luck, and let us know if you need any help. Bob and Kurt have material to help you get on your feet. Such as flyers, cards, stickers.
I printed out a ream of flyers this winter, and plan on passing them out at the local car shows here, when they get in full swing. Also a good source for putting out the word.

·
*DARK KNIGHT*
531 Posts
hey u can add me on to that list, i live 45min northeast of atlanta but ill make the drive....ill hit u up in ur inbox!

·
Bald Guy
317 Posts
I live in Atlanta. A Georgia chapter sounds like a great idea, but I dunno if I'll be able to participate in any club related events. I work A LOT! (when it's not icy out anyway.)

·
*DARK KNIGHT*
531 Posts
well im sure it would take it a while to get up and jumpin....whats ur job schedule like? surely if planned ahead u can make a chapter meet 1 day or somethin

·
Bald Guy
317 Posts
My schedule is pretty normal, actually. 7am-4pm. I try to get about 3hrs of overtime a day. I get every other Friday off, but work it for overtime, Saturdays too. Sundays we get double so I try to work that whenever I can.

I haven't read up on any club stuff. So I'm not sure of any attendance requirements or anything.

·
*DARK KNIGHT*
531 Posts
well im a busy guy too with college and a full time job, but im guna do some askin around and some investigating

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
I like what I am hearing.

If you have questions concerning getting a chapter going we will definately help you out.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
I haven't read up on any club stuff. So I'm not sure of any attendance requirements or anything.
Attending events are not required. However there are required meetings. But they can be held in electronic format or over the phone.

The primary reason for local chapters is to develop local relationships. If it seems too challenging at this time to establish a local chapter, you may join the National Chapter, and then later form a local chapter or join a local chapter.

By joining the national chapter, you can attend any local chapter events. Say you want to drive up and attend a TN chapter event.

Again, we are here to help.

·
Bald Guy
317 Posts
Yeah, I'm not much for 'required' to do anything. 13 years of active duty tapped me out of requirements.

If a Georgia chapter is in the cards, hey, I'll lend a hand if I'm able. I'm pretty good at grilling burgers and keeping cold beer around (Hey Bob, that might actually have been FBN's 1st meeting?!) but I don't think I'm club material.

·
*DARK KNIGHT*
531 Posts
u love ur bird so ur club material, i wouldnt be trying to do something every week or anything, but it would be nice to chill wit fellow enthusiasts from the area once every now and again...ride around once in a blue moon, let em know the phoenix lives on!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see no one has a Chapter in Alabama, but I live close to the GA line right off of I-20 and would be willing to drive over to hang with more fellow bird-men / women....

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey guys i know this thread is kinda old but i would 100% start and run the ga chapter of a firebird nation club.it would be awesome.if you want to chat about it lemme know.i know lots of firebird owners that would love to join and would be pretty active.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts