Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't post much but do browse the forums see what others are doing to their cars and info on how fix stuff if I cant recall on how to fix them :) .

I have question for the 2nd gen cars as I got a 77 formula about year ago for my 50th bday present to myself and seeing if anyone done the frame ties for their cars what type and brand as I would like to do this to my car as it will be driven on nice days and once in awhile down the strip racing against the sons 89 formula :) . I know over time our cars doors do begin to sag do to uni-body and thinking the frame ties will help against it and know hinge bushing and such too which I got just need install them.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
899 Posts
I installed the subframe connectors from Pro-touring F-body. Can be bolted or welded in but require solid or poly bushes for best results. They make a huge difference. The big heavy doors will still wear at the hinges but less bouncing about of the body and chassis.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the pro touring f body as well they fit nice and tight. Mine are just bolted in right now but I'm am welding them in. they pop a little with just bolts.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Mine are bolted in tight but added spacer crush tubes and a few extra packing plates for firmest fit. If i start to jack one corner of the car the far end will come up with it. Glad I didn't weld them in as already had to remove and refit a few times when adjusting exhaust and replacing an incorrect kit of poly body mounts. Made for such simple work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine are bolted in tight but added spacer crush tubes and a few extra packing plates for firmest fit. If i start to jack one corner of the car the far end will come up with it. Glad I didn't weld them in as already had to remove and refit a few times when adjusting exhaust and replacing an incorrect kit of poly body mounts. Made for such simple work.
I have the Pro Touring Fbody connectors as well, along with the solid body bushings and I am very happy with them. I wish there was some sort of "crush tubes" included. I thought about it after the install as it seems I can just keep cranking on the long bolt at the front subframe. I need to get something to put in there and I think it will be alot better. Would

1 - 9 of 9 Posts