Firebird Nation banner

flowmaster

10K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Noob-Bird 
#1 ·
just got a new set of flowmaster and i high flow cat for my 3800

sounds great

#5 ·
I too have a Flowmaster system on my 3800 and it sounds so good! My pipes are 2-1/2'' or 3'' I dont know for shure yet. I dont have my cats installed yet, but I bought High-Flow Magnaflow cats.

#9 ·
I have a Flowmaster on my 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am (after some jerk cut off my exhaust to fix the fuel pump, and dropped it, requiring a new exhaust.
With the Flowmaster on my little V-6, it has a very loud drone right around 2,000 rpms.
Lucky for me, I blast my music.
Does your combos drone as well?

George

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
not really but at 2500 rpm you can tell its a v6 for sure

do you have a sound clip of it i love the turbo birds

my buddy has a twin turbo on his and it rapes everything his run time is 9.1
(with alot of work done to it ((i wish i had all this money like him))

my fastest time was 15.3 i dont have any big mods on my car really so i guess 15.3 is cool

#11 ·
No,
No sound clip.
No video either.
Just still photos.
I gotta get something goin, I know.
I pretty much have my car all stock, except for the Flowmaster muffler, and a boom box run inline, in the back.
Best I've done so far, was a 13.90.
Now, the cat convertor is off, and she flys.
Just I don't run her out here, as the tracks are kinda far away.
But I do make high speed passes on the freeway.

George

#13 ·
I had a 40 series muffler on my 3800 and it had a real nice tone. I switched it over to single cat magnaflow high flow with dual 2 and 1-4 out the back and sounds great but i loved the tone that flowmaster got before 3000 rpm. this new one got rid of the funny v6 wine keeps the nice deep tone the whole time just not as loud.

#19 ·
ok, I hope this isnt repetative...

I have 1995 3.4L V6. It has currently the Stock everything. I am looking to do the Muffler 1st because of cash flow and i would like the sound to beef up my motivation lol. If i start with the Muffler what should I go with ?? Magnaflow or Flowmaster. I will add headers and pipes later but I am far off from total engine rebuild so stock pipes are fine for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.