Firebird Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
you should post up some sound clips or a video of the exhaust. I have been thinking of getting the flowmasters and cat for a while. What size pipes did you get?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I too have a Flowmaster system on my 3800 and it sounds so good! My pipes are 2-1/2'' or 3'' I dont know for shure yet. I dont have my cats installed yet, but I bought High-Flow Magnaflow cats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i got 3 inch pipe on it took out the stock 2 1/4 pipe

ill get sound clips up soon

i think i have one clip of it b4 the high flow cat and one after
but even with the stock cat you get a good tone

lol i want to try it w/cat

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I have a Flowmaster on my 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am (after some jerk cut off my exhaust to fix the fuel pump, and dropped it, requiring a new exhaust.
With the Flowmaster on my little V-6, it has a very loud drone right around 2,000 rpms.
Lucky for me, I blast my music.
Does your combos drone as well?

George

·
Registered
180 Posts
not really but at 2500 rpm you can tell its a v6 for sure

do you have a sound clip of it i love the turbo birds

my buddy has a twin turbo on his and it rapes everything his run time is 9.1
(with alot of work done to it ((i wish i had all this money like him))

my fastest time was 15.3 i dont have any big mods on my car really so i guess 15.3 is cool

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
No,
No sound clip.
No video either.
Just still photos.
I gotta get something goin, I know.
I pretty much have my car all stock, except for the Flowmaster muffler, and a boom box run inline, in the back.
Best I've done so far, was a 13.90.
Now, the cat convertor is off, and she flys.
Just I don't run her out here, as the tracks are kinda far away.
But I do make high speed passes on the freeway.

George

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a 40 series muffler on my 3800 and it had a real nice tone. I switched it over to single cat magnaflow high flow with dual 2 and 1-4 out the back and sounds great but i loved the tone that flowmaster got before 3000 rpm. this new one got rid of the funny v6 wine keeps the nice deep tone the whole time just not as loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a QTP cutout on my 02 v6. sounds pretty good. i want to get the high flow cat but i'm not sure if it would set off an O2 sensor. any advice?

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
which flowmaster series is good for a 98 3.8 V6 firebird? 80 series or 40 series?
Since you asked for an opinion. 40's are simply too loud for a V6. They wouldn't sound good to me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That Magnaflow catback comes with everything you need, no bending whatsoever.

Get the Flowmaster 80 series (if you must go Flowmaster) because the 80 series is a crossflow muffler, which is needed to mount in the same place as the stock muffler.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ok, I hope this isnt repetative...

I have 1995 3.4L V6. It has currently the Stock everything. I am looking to do the Muffler 1st because of cash flow and i would like the sound to beef up my motivation lol. If i start with the Muffler what should I go with ?? Magnaflow or Flowmaster. I will add headers and pipes later but I am far off from total engine rebuild so stock pipes are fine for now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts