Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1998 Firebird
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've owned Pontiacs since 1987 but last spring bought my first Firebird. Not sure why it took so long, aside from mortgage, kids, etc...

It's a 1998 5-speed in Bright Metallic Green taupe cloth interior.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

It seems this is a 1-of-1 car for 1998 and I'd like to verify that but not sure how, so any tips would be appreciated. It's also a high-mileage car but was very well cared for. There are a number of things to fix but so far nothing major. Runs great and is just flat-out fun to drive. If all goes well this year I hope to drive my 'bird to the Trans Am Nationals in Ohio at the end of August.

Font Rectangle Gas Electric blue Gadget

Interestingly there is another 1-of-1 Firebird (near as I can tell) in a junkyard about 2 miles from here. Same body in Blue Green Chameleon, white top, and white leather interior.

And if anyone's wondering here are the other Pontiacs I've owned-
1965 Tempest
1971 LeMans Sport
1988 Sunbird
1993 Sunbird SE
2004 Montana
2007 G6

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
Welcome to Firebird Nation ! ! ,

Great find.

This site may provide more info regarding production numbers.

There's also the “CompNine” site:

Note caution about the CompNine “rarity” results.

Reactions: roorancher

· Registered
1998 Firebird
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Firebird Nation ! ! ,

Great find.

This site may provide more info regarding production numbers.

There's also the “CompNine” site:

Note caution about the CompNine “rarity” results.
Thanks. That first site doesn't break it down to combinations of options. The CompNine site is on my radar.

I recently got the book All 1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird Colors, Codes & Quantities: How Rare is Your Firebird, Formula, Firehawk or Trans Am? and the breakdown shows only 1 built like mine in 1998. Thought it was kinda cool and was looking for more verification. So thanks for the tips!

Oh yeah- I tried following the link to check out your car and it doesn't work. Page not found or something.

· Registered
1998 Firebird
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!
Nice Ragtop! (I still have trouble calling them "Verts.") I have 2.....
Thanks. My first ragtop and I'm loving it, especially on a cool summer evening. Top down and going through the gears is the ideal way to drive.

Is your '91 green or black? Tough to tell from the photo. I always loved the green with gold wheels combo on those last few 3rd gen cars.

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
The TransAm website is useful in identifying options your car doesn’t have, that many people find of value like the Y87 performance package. The CompNine data was used to generate the TransAm site data. When I ran my “garden variety“ Formula through CompNine, it was ”1 of 2”. But my car is not rare in any sense of the word. I suspect the fact it has CA emissions was a factor in the rarity. But that adds 0 value or importance to the car.

Here's a link to my “Albums”, which is an available feature of this site. Just some random photos from the 27 years I owned it.

Reactions: Spade

· Registered
47 Posts
Thanks. My first ragtop and I'm loving it, especially on a cool summer evening. Top down and going through the gears is the ideal way to drive.

Is your '91 green or black? Tough to tell from the photo. I always loved the green with gold wheels combo on those last few 3rd gen cars.
The 91 is green, tan top, tan Optima leather interior. The 94 is black, black top, Graphite Optima leather interior. It was a storage find. 22K original miles.

My first ragtop back in the day was a 67 Chevelle SS 396. LOL!!

· Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
5,456 Posts
Great to have you here

Reactions: Spade
1 - 8 of 8 Posts