Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Trans Am
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for front fender extensions for a 1988 Trans Am. I especially need the front left one, my front right might be repair-able but it would be nice to just replace both.
Attached is a picture of the part in question.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
2,545 Posts
Try FranksPontiac.com, Craigslist.org, and carparts.com These parts are referred to as ground effects. ...that left one is easily repaired, if that's the worst of it, you may want to look on YouTube at fiberglass repair videos. It's not hard or expensive. Bondo's Fiberglass Repair worked/gripped very well on all materials on my '93.

There is also what are called Body Kits. They include ground effects as well, but in radically different styles than OEM. Might be worth looking into if you're interested in a different than OEM look or desire something more aggressive.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,522 Posts
Hawks has "ground effects", but I can't tell if these are for the leading or trailing edge of the front fender wheel opening. In any case, deep pockets required.

·
Registered
1988 Trans Am
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawks has "ground effects", but I can't tell if these are for the leading or trailing edge of the front fender wheel opening. In any case, deep pockets required.

Yeah I've seen those, I just cant justify spending that much on two small pieces of plastic when I know I should be able to find some somewhere for a more reasonable price...

·
Registered
1988 Trans Am
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try FranksPontiac.com, Craigslist.org, and carparts.com These parts are referred to as ground effects. ...that left one is easily repaired, if that's the worst of it, you may want to look on YouTube at fiberglass repair videos. It's not hard or expensive. Bondo's Fiberglass Repair worked/gripped very well on all materials on my '93.

There is also what are called Body Kits. They include ground effects as well, but in radically different styles than OEM. Might be worth looking into if you're interested in a different than OEM look or desire something more aggressive.
Thanks I'll look into those sites and repairing them. I'm trying to avoid resorting to bondo too much with this restoration, but that might be the best solution here.

·
Administrator
2,545 Posts
...sorry. it's FranksPontiacParts.com

Good Luck!

Reactions: ThayerY
1 - 6 of 6 Posts