Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. I have a 1999 Firebird V6 that is recently having crazy issues. Not sure if they are all connected but seems like it. First issue is power windows would loose power same time radio would shut off. This is intermittently happening. Next is the front lighting, from headlight not raising up (had new motors installed less than a yr ago), daytime (orange) running lights working when they want or not at all. Have replaced bulbs and installed All new Parking/turn signal light fixtures and Driving light Fixtures, both less than a yr ago. And now a new issue is the car started to cut out or act like it was miss firing while driving and then not starting after shutting it off. My mechanic found it was the Cam shaft sensor wich he replaced but is again acting up. I Need Help with a source of the problems if anyone has had similar issues and what they found. I love my Bird who by the way has 274,000 miles on her!!!
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,357 Posts
The problem of the Windows and radio both going off at the same time is covered in this recent thread, which appears surprisingly similar to yours:

If you are experiencing misfires and cutting off, etc., you need to scan the PCM and post a list of the exact numerical codes.

Lighting problem may all be related to an intermittent ground.

·
DELCO NERD
1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, LT1 5.7L V8
1,813 Posts
Did the technician test the camshaft position sensor wiring pigtail?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts