Firebird Nation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Pontiac Firebird WS6, 5.7L V8, LT1 348
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today while laying under the car I noticed one of my spark plug wires was damaged. The outer shielding is missing and you can see the inside insulation like material. Luckily it seems like it is the easiest one to get to. I forgot to look for the number but it is the one that goes into the bottom right of the Opti-Spark. If you are standing in front of the car and lift up the hood it is the first cylinder on the drivers side you come to. The wire was very easy to take off of the spark plug. I examined the rest of the wires and they all seem to be ok.

I saw a old thread where Fred said he was running Taylor 409 10.4mm wires. I was interested in this but I think since it is just one wire I should just save the trouble as well as the money and just replace it? I noticed it is common to sell single spark plug wires. Can anyone direct me to one that will replace this one with the least chance of causing issues and of a similar/exact length? Should I just purchase an ACDelco one? Does anyone think I should replace all of them? Is this a big job?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts