Firebird Nation banner

Clay Bar

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Birdguy 
#1 ·
Using Meguiars clay bar and polishing compound followed up with Collinite 845 and wow looks outstanding.

My son spent about 6 hours on his Bird yesterday, went over the car twice with the clay bar. The to the polishing, we should have read the instructions on the polishing compound though, do not let it completely dry..........had lots of fun polishing it off, I ended up helping with this part. Let me re-emphasize, DO NOT LET THE POLISHING COMPOUND DRY COMPLETELY!

Just wanted to share in our excitement, the reflection really looks like a mirror.

See less See more
#11 ·
After using a clay bar you need to do a full wax. They clay will strip the wax and all impurities from the paint. Leaving it completely bare and exposed to the sun. Wax will seal and protect the paint

#12 ·
I discovered the clay bar a couple of years ago when I found the hood, windshield, roof, and rear deck on my daily driver
to be coated with what appeared to be thousands of small blobs of hardened liquid asphalt. Not wanting to use anything "hotter" than needed to remove it,
I went from WD-40 to wax and grease remover to gasoline to lacquer thinner all to no avail. What worked was using the clay bar and generous amounts
of soapy water and much elbow grease. I spent the better part of three days to get all of it removed, but it worked wonderfully.

I never figured out what the stuff was, but I do know I don't wan't to see again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.