Firebird Nation banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Crap!. I just bought a bunch of Fukken LOL. Although, it does apply very fast.

I may try a Meguiars base with keep ups of Fukken.... Hmmm

Crap!. I just bought a bunch of Fukken LOL. Although, it does apply very fast.

I may try a Meguiars base with keep ups of Fukken.... Hmmm
As you can see from the posts at DT this is what most of them do as well. Most use something like Meguiars and then use Fukken for in between and upkeep in between

Also, I wanted to add that I'm still quite happy with the results of this test. It shows you that even my product is equal to the more known brands for those looking for a quick fix, especially after seeing the results after 1 week on a second coat and knowing that my product is safe to use on every surface of your vehicle and not just the paint. :p

Bob, what I'm curious about now though is how much product did you need to use in the area you waxed? While Fukken and Meguiars are pretty close in price, I'm curious to know how much quicker one would burn through their product for the prices listed there.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
As you can see from the posts at DT this is what most of them do as well. Most use something like Meguiars and then use Fukken for in between and upkeep in between

Also, I wanted to add that I'm still quite happy with the results of this test. It shows you that even my product is equal to the more known brands for those looking for a quick fix, especially after seeing the results after 1 week on a second coat and knowing that my product is safe to use on every surface of your vehicle and not just the paint. :p

Bob, what I'm curious about now though is how much product did you need to use in the area you waxed? While Fukken and Meguiars are pretty close in price, I'm curious to know how much quicker one would burn through their product for the prices listed there.
I am going to use the FUKKEN on all of my plastic parts soon to see how well it works. I also want to try FUKKEN on the dried bugs, tar, sap, etc. If it works great on those types of things, it would be a great pre-wax cleaner too. I am now curious as to how it would work if you used meguiars or Zaino as a base and applied it as a quick detailer on top of them. Something we might want to test in the future. We also have to remember that both Meguiars and Zaino are the whose who of automotive wax and polish world, and I never heard of FUKKEN until recently.

As for how much I have used of each product, I would say I have used about 1/4 of the can so far.

Updated. Once again we see Zone 2 drag test results have increased, although it seems to still be repelling water, just like in the last test, although the drop off occurred a week later than last test. Zone one is still reading a zero in the drag test results and is still very slick to the touch. All products have benefited from being applied a second time, and it appears the results between the products are similar to the first trials, although they are all lasting a great deal longer.

I am wondering if we should now switch to side by side testing of only two zones at a time. It's apparent that the results are nearly the same as the last test (except they are all lasting longer, which is also good info IMO), and it would be much nicer to see side by side testing, not to mention it would literally cut my work in half each week. The side by side testing of only two products will also give clarity during the spray testing. As we can see from the spray testing, zone 2 is far better than zone 3, but we cannot really tell when it comes to zone 1 or zone 4 since the water rolls down off of zone 2 and 3 onto zones 1 and 4. So what do you think, should we start side by side testing next weekend after one more test?

I think side by side is fine. We appreciate the time you are spending doing all of these tests.

Hey Bob, am I reading this right? Fukken was a 2.4 drag in week 2 while everyone else was a 0. But in week 3 it's a 0.8 for the drag meaning the drag was reduced by 2/3 a week later? That's a little strange isn't it?

Hey Bob, am I reading this right? Fukken was a 2.4 drag in week 2 while everyone else was a 0. But in week 3 it's a 0.8 for the drag meaning the drag was reduced by 2/3 a week later? That's a little strange isn't it?
Good catch Ben, and I went back to my record book and the decimal was in the wrong place. The drag results were .24, not 2.4. Thanks for pointing that out.

I agree Bob, side by side is the way to go.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I agree Bob, side by side is the way to go.
Alright, we will perform one more test next Saturday, which should give us a good last look at which one is performing the best and then switch up to testing two at a time. I really want to test the liquitech polish against either Zaino or Meguiars and see how well it performs. Then I want to test Zaino vs Meguiars side by side again and see how it goes when they compare side by side.

My .02 would be Meguiars NXT 2.0 VS Liquitech, till Meguiars is knocked off 1st place. But I'm bias towards Meguiars NXT 2.0 and would like to see if there is anything better out there dollar for dollar - shine for shine. Any way you go Bob your doing a great job !

Reactions: FBN Firebird Nation
Discussion starter · #33 ·
My .02 would be Meguiars NXT 2.0 VS Liquitech, till Meguiars is knocked off 1st place. But I'm bias towards Meguiars NXT 2.0 and would like to see if there is anything better out there dollar for dollar - shine for shine. Any way you go Bob your doing a great job !
I personally wouldn't say that Meguiars is in 1st place yet, which is why I want to get them side by side so we can make some good comparisons. Don't worry, the side by side is coming up soon, but just to keep it fresh, I will put up Meguiars vs Liquitech first and then we can put the winner back up against Zaino.

That's cool Bob, if this coming Saturday is the last for these 4 being tested will you / us finally be picking a winner for this round or are you going to not use the past 8 to10 weeks testing you have done and just use the side by side as the new "first" round because of the water issue rolling into other zones. Not trying to be a smart butt just confused as to how / when an actual winner is determined per round / test. If I have missed the explaination on this I aplologize in advance.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
The last 6 to 8 weeks have been a learning experience which has allowed me to make changes to the testing in order to get the best results. I have made changes based on what I have learned and have, in my opinion, made the tests more reliable. I wouldn't consider this a waste, but rather a learning experience.

Although it's very easy to see the difference between Zone 2 and 3, it's not as easy to see the differences between Zones 1 and 2 in regards to the water testing. The problems with Zones 1 and 2 is that when it comes to the water tests, it's hard to make a comparison. The drag test is only one of the parameters of the entire test and since Zaino and Megiaurs seem so close as to how fast the water rolls of the hood, I only think it's fair that we get them lined up side by side so we can actually see how long each of them takes to whisk the water off the hood and film it. We simply cannot do that with the current set up. There is no doubt that Zones 1 and 2 are far superior to Zones 3 and 4, in both the water testing and the drag testing, I am of the opinion that the two top contenders should at least get a fair shake.

The Zaino vs Meguiars comparison is a long standing controversy, and I don't want to give any room for doubt when I do announce a winner between the two, and I feel it's only fair to make sure they are compared in such a way to leave little doubt as to which product is superior. My goal is to find out which product is superior, and I don't want anyone with a bias to say that it was due to the difference in the Zones. Once I get them side by side on the same panel, with the same pitch, the same contour, etc, all those variables will be eliminated and we can focus solely on which product produces the best results in the tests. If you remember, I wanted to stop the testing after the first results for this very reason, but others wanted to see how much imprinting affected the zones, and I have to say that I also learned a lot of these second trials too. I am impressed with how much the second application (not coat) of each product helped in the second trials.

For the next trials I will also be using the clay bar, but without the detail-er. Instead this time I will use only water and a new clay bar and then wash the hood with dawn soap in order to get off all the residue. I didn't like the fact that the detail-er may have caused some issues in the first trials.

For the record, I have no problem saying that I think Meguiars and Zaino are far better than the other products tested so far. It seems clear by all the tests performed.

Can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this Bob both for the info and somewhat for the shock of the result's.
I have been a strict user of one of the losing product's so I am very curious to try the winner, hard to think I could be happier than what I have using but the test results sure indicate it is likely.

The last 6 to 8 weeks have been a learning experience which has allowed me to make changes to the testing in order to get the best results. I have made changes based on what I have learned and have, in my opinion, made the tests more reliable. I wouldn't consider this a waste, but rather a learning experience.

Although it's very easy to see the difference between Zone 2 and 3, it's not as easy to see the differences between Zones 1 and 2 in regards to the water testing. The problems with Zones 1 and 2 is that when it comes to the water tests, it's hard to make a comparison. The drag test is only one of the parameters of the entire test and since Zaino and Megiaurs seem so close as to how fast the water rolls of the hood, I only think it's fair that we get them lined up side by side so we can actually see how long each of them takes to whisk the water off the hood and film it. We simply cannot do that with the current set up. There is no doubt that Zones 1 and 2 are far superior to Zones 3 and 4, in both the water testing and the drag testing, I am of the opinion that the two top contenders should at least get a fair shake.

The Zaino vs Meguiars comparison is a long standing controversy, and I don't want to give any room for doubt when I do announce a winner between the two, and I feel it's only fair to make sure they are compared in such a way to leave little doubt as to which product is superior. My goal is to find out which product is superior, and I don't want anyone with a bias to say that it was due to the difference in the Zones. Once I get them side by side on the same panel, with the same pitch, the same contour, etc, all those variables will be eliminated and we can focus solely on which product produces the best results in the tests. If you remember, I wanted to stop the testing after the first results for this very reason, but others wanted to see how much imprinting affected the zones, and I have to say that I also learned a lot of these second trials too. I am impressed with how much the second application (not coat) of each product helped in the second trials.

For the next trials I will also be using the clay bar, but without the detail-er. Instead this time I will use only water and a new clay bar and then wash the hood with dawn soap in order to get off all the residue. I didn't like the fact that the detail-er may have caused some issues in the first trials.

For the record, I have no problem saying that I think Meguiars and Zaino are far better than the other products tested so far. It seems clear by all the tests performed.
Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Bob I like this test your conducting. Interested in what type of time between different waxes and will you be using anything to "clean the slate" of your Dodge before the next wax is applied ? My friend and I have had heated discussions between his Zaino "polish" and my NXT 2.0 "wax" for some time now and this may be a great way for us to watch an unbias test be conducted. I'll check and see if I have a spare bottle of the NXT 2.0 in my garage for you to use with your other waxes if your interested.

Thanks
Jon

For the record I have been with you from the very beginning and believe I was the second person to post, I understand there is always a learning curve with anything new that we do. I'll just wait for the Meguiars vs Zaino side by side comparison. Keep up the great work Bob I appreciate what your trying to do and the work involved.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.