Firebird Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1976,Firebird,Formula, 350 Engine,350 Trans.
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you noticed prices for a clean 2002 recently lowering? I have been scouring the for sale adds educating myself on the different options and it does seem they are lowering.

·
Registered
Pontiac Firebird 1994 3,4l L32
50 Posts
I wouldn't say so. They are certainly cheaper than 3gen. But given the age of the car (up to 30 years), the average market value is about $ 8,000. These are of course my observations.

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,765 Posts
Prices have come down a little in the last week, probably because I couldn't take it anymore and bought a car. ...and they will continue to come down as time goes on. The real question is, "Will pricing fall to pre-inflation levels?" and if so, the next question is, "How long will that take?".

·
Registered
Pontiac Firebird 1994 3,4l L32
50 Posts
Prices have come down a little in the last week, probably because I couldn't take it anymore and bought a car. ...and they will continue to come down as time goes on. The real question is, "Will pricing fall to pre-inflation levels?" and if so, the next question is, "How long will that take?".

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, if a person was going to consider acquiring one of these 4th gen birds might as well go for the last year 02 with a low mile WS6, undecided whether coupe, T top or convertible. Then I have seen a NHRA special version and some other variants so after awhile it gets overwhelming trying to decide.
I have found out once you start looking they are all over the place so you might as well get a little picky. Dont know if i will or not but the older i get the less i worry about spending. I have my 76 Formula orignal to me 46 years ago i have just refurbed myself but something about this LS1 in a bird sounds not only like a pleasure to drive but could be a good investment. Have seen one for 80,000 one for 100,000, not my cup of tea. As my dad would say i bought it to use. I want one I'm not afraid to use but take care of. Seen some in the 25,000 range.​
Am i thinking right?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had alot of idle time on my hands recently. A newborn grandson that hasn't made it out of the hospital becuase of one heart operation and a open heart in the next coupe of days so we have been filling in watching the other grandchild babysitting and driving five hour round trips.
So i have been excaping realty on my Ipad when there is time to at least learn what all the options are. I am a retired fleet mechanic and grew up on a large farm so i have this urge to study something that interests me. I have my 76 bird, really its all i need.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had alot of idle time on my hands recently. A newborn grandson that hasn't made it out of the hospital becuase of one heart operation and a open heart in the next coupe of days so we have been filling in watching the other grandchild babysitting and driving five hour round trips.
So i have been excaping realty on my Ipad when there is time to at least learn what all the options are. I am a retired fleet mechanic and grew up on a large farm so i have this urge to study something that interests me. I have my 76 birdreally its all i need.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts