Firebird Nation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I haven't been able to log on for quite some time. I thought it was a site issue, but after numerous tries at resetting my password, contacting admin and even trying to start a new profile under a different email. (All failed)

I finally thought maybe it's my iPhone? So I tried my iPad. And sure enough I could log on no problem.

I've done a hard restart on my iPhone. Cleared browser history & cookies. But I still can't get log on with it???

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Pontiac Firebird Lover
72 Posts
i use safari on the iphone and then type in firebirdnation.com without any issues
It's not exactly getting to the site that's the problem. It's signing into our accounts that we're unable to do. I've tried it on both Safari and Chrome with no results. It's let me go to the sign in page and type in my info, but as soon as I submit it it takes me straight back to the home page as if I'd never tried to sign in in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Which version of iphone software are you using? Newest version or older?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not exactly getting to the site that's the problem. It's signing into our accounts that we're unable to do. I've tried it on both Safari and Chrome with no results. It's let me go to the sign in page and type in my info, but as soon as I submit it it takes me straight back to the home page as if I'd never tried to sign in in the first place.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the same thing that happens on my iPhone. Seems like some kind of glitch....?

Which version of iphone software are you using? Newest version or older?
I've got the latest software version on both my devices.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I haven't been able to sign in on my iPhone either. It does however show that I'm signed in at the very bottom of the screen. But not at the top right and I am not able to post from my phone

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Apparently this is very inconsistent. Some people can get in and others can't. I've reported it to Tech Support.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
323 Posts
Hey there.

When you try to sign in and fail. What kind of error message do you get?

Since you notice this issue on your iphone, does it also happen when you're on a desktop? I can manually try to reset your password if you want to send me a PM.

Lee

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same issue,

When I "sign in" it doesn't give me an error code or anything like that, it just brings me back the main page and the top right will continue to say "login, or signup"

tried both mobile version and desktop versions.

which sucks for trying to work on the car upside down under the dash trying to search things ;)

Mine is a 5c

·
Admin - Firebird lover
4,305 Posts
Hang in there guys. Tech Support is working on it.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
323 Posts
Hey there.

I think we found the issue.

This something every individual needs to change on their phones. Apple recently (or some time ago) announced a new setting that they set to default.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265

see 'blocked cookies'

To set whether Safari blocks cookies in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and choose one of the following: Always Block, Allow from Current Websites Only, Allow from Websites I Visit, or Always Allow. In iOS 7 or earlier, choose Never, From third parties and advertisers, or Always.

A cookie is a piece of data that a website puts on your device. Using cookies, the website can remember you when you visit again, and the webpage can be customized for you based on information you might have provided. Some pages might not work unless you accept cookies. For instance:

• You're unable to log in to a website or webpage using your correct username and password.
  • You see a message on a webpage that cookies are required, or that your browser's cookie functionality is turned off.
  • You try to use a feature on a website, but it doesn't work as expected.
Lee

·
Admin - Firebird lover
4,305 Posts
Thanks Lee

·
Registered
576 Posts
Lee,

I went into settings and set this to allways allow. I even did a soft reboot to insure this was in effect. still not able to login. after the login in credintials are given it goes back to the same page as if no login was attempted. Sorry for the trouble thanks for looking in to this.

·
Dad's Bird
28 Posts
3/25/16 I'm in a way relieved to see so many others with the same issue. I have no problem logging on from my desktop at work, but I cannot log on from my IPhone 6S (latest software updates installed) .I have had this issue for months! Thanks to all who are working on this....

·
Administrator
Community Manager
323 Posts
Looks like this isnt' working. Do any of you guys have chrome on the iphone?

I reopened the ticket.

TICKET: 1853583

Lee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts