Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
You either need to add your vehicle info to your profile, so it shows up beneath your screen name/avatar, or you need to include that info in your post. Makes it easier for us to help you. I looked up your previous posts and you appear to be asking about a 1995 with the 3.4LV6.

I'll take a quick look at the factory service manual, and get back to you. What problem are you trying to solve?

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
The EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) and the ABS combination valve ground to G101, which is on the passenger side inner fender shock tower. There are three rings with 5 black/white wires.

There are other grounds for other components.... where did you get the "ABS IGN" term? Sounds like the ignition switched power supply to the ABS system.

Reactions: jerrodc83

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
I don't need a photo. "ABS IGN" is the 5 amp #5 fuse in the underhood box for the ABS +12V switched power. There is no corresponding "ABS IGN" ground. The fuse sends switched ignition power to an ABS Relay and then to the EBCM I mentioned above. This is assuming your car does NOT have traction control (RPO "NW9"). If it does, it has an EBTCM module to control ABS and traction control. But the wiring is similar.

The EBCM is a solid state "box". It gets input from numerous devices, and controls the brake hydraulics.

As noted, the EBCM has one direct ground wire. The main one is the black/white wire that runs from the EBCM to the G101 ground point I mentioned above. There are also three wires that run from the EBCM to the Brake Combination Valve on the ABS motor pack, and the three devices receiving the power from the EBCM are grounded with three individual black/white wires to a splice, and then to G101.

Look at the coolant reservoir fill cap. Right behind it is red plastic box with a plastic cover (usually missing) with all the red "+" wires. No more than 2" behind the red plastic box is a stud on the inner fender/shock tower. There are a large number of wires grounded there, and the ABS system ground is one of them. I can't snap a picture, because I sold my 94 Formula about 6 months ago.

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
See lower left corner of this old photo, stud is behind the red plastic box and just to the left of the PS reservoir.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part

Reactions: jerrodc83

·
Registered
1995 Firebird 3.4L V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much. I really wish I had a guy longer you around to teach me stuff. I have brain damage so it takes a minute to process but I start to learn real quick. This was a serious help. Thank you.

·
Registered
1995 Firebird 3.4L V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your motor is incredible. Mine was supposed to be a life-long project with my son, and he'd end up with something like yours. I just had a lot of stuff pile up. Doctors and that. Had to move to a place where I don't have a garage and suddenly this is my daily driver🤦

1 - 9 of 9 Posts