Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
My signature is screwed up. The photo I had there no longer appears. When I go to edit my signature, it appears as a single line of html code, stretched endlessly on one line. The address of my signature photo is now located in the wrong place. As a result, it shows up as an unaccessable photo near the beginning of my text. I cut and pasted the address of the photo to the end of the line of code, and embedded it in the tags. When I save, I get:

The entire formatting of the signature is gone, with all the content squeezed together.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10210]

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.
If I copy and past my photo address, which is in .jpg format, I can access it on my browser:

gallery_709_698_31308.jpg

That's problem #1.

Here's #2:

Now I go to My Gallery. I click on a photo, and I get:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10744.1]

Sorry, but that does not appear to be a valid image. If you arrived at this screen by following a link on this site, please notify a system administrator
I can go to anyone else's gallery and access the photos by clicking on them.

Not sure when all this happened. I was not here when the site was switched to the new software, so I suspect something got screwed up way back then.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
330 Posts
Hey there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am able to access your images fine from your galleries.

Is there a specific album you find where this issue is more prominent?

What browser are you using when you come across these issues?

Richard.

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

The problem with accessing the photos only occurs with Chrome. I just tried using Safari and no problem.

The signature edit screen is a single line of html, extending beyond the limits of the edit box, in Chrome. It appears as multiple lines, truncating within the edges of the edit box in Safari. I see a checked box indicating "enabled html" in both. When I went to uncheck that in Chrome I got a warning that I could lose some content, so I left it checked.

I think I'll try unchecking the html box and see if I can format it and add the signature photo address using keyboard strokes for spacing, return, etc.

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what happened, but today I was suddenly able to access the photos in "My Gallery" using Chrome.

And, I unchecked the "enable html" box on the edit signature screen, and was able to reformat my signature using BBC and moved the link to the photo back where it belonged. Not sure why it relocated itself into the body of the text.

Thanks.

Reactions: GaryDoug

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't ever remember seeing html turned on previously. I just type my signature and use bbc tags.

Like I said, I was not active on the site during the period when the new software was installed. Maybe I just never noticed that the photo was missing until recently.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Administrator
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.