Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All..

I hope everyone is doing well. As I am sure is the case with you, you know something is wrong with the car just by sound. I know these engines can "tick" but this one was out of the norm. I took it in to work on the air conditioning and to assess what that sound was. Turns out that one of my CC 1.6 RR, that I installed, not long after I purchased the car, was not operating properly. You can see noticeable wear on the roller portion, where it makes contact with the valve spring.
So the questions I have for you are:

1. can you recommend a replacement
2. do you recommend I do just the one, the one side are all eight.

Thanks for your insight

Jorge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All..

I hope everyone is doing well. As I am sure is the case with you, you know something is wrong with the car just by sound. I know these engines can "tick" but this one was out of the norm. I took it in to work on the air conditioning and to assess what that sound was. Turns out that one of my CC 1.6 RR, that I installed, not long after I purchased the car, was not operating properly. You can see noticeable wear on the roller portion, where it makes contact with the valve spring.
So the questions I have for you are:

1. can you recommend a replacement
2. do you recommend I do just the one, the one side are all eight.

Thanks for your insight

Jorge
what comp rockers are they? if its literally only 1 i would just replace that 1. id be checking them all

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ....

I purchased them over 20 years ago so I can't even begin to remember what type of CompCAm 1.6 these are. I can attach a picture it it would help but at this point I doubt they are made, hence the ask for a replacement.

@Ed - full roller ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts