Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys quick question I took my firebird to a body shop they had my car for 4 months right now the car is ready to paint. but the bodyshop dont have a metal guy to straighten out my front bumper and my front fender. and replace my back real panel. My question is if i just get it painted and i go to another bodyshop to do the body is it possible that the paint might get scratch? If it does can i just have it buff and re painted? I dont know anything about body work so thats why i am asking what you guys think.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy,

do what sea dog said, take all and go to another paint who can do the work.

If not, you will wake up like in an nightmare!!!

Its better.

Regards
Sascha

·
Registered
279 Posts
Body shops are supposed to know how to replace metal and do metal work.
Did they specify they are only a spread the filler and paint shop?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
If it is basic black then it will match.

If it is white forget about it, there are hundreds of white tints. Having worked in a GM dealer's body and paint shop I could usually tell where panels had been repainted (usually the flop in the metallics was off) or the clear didn't blend enough.

So yea, body first paint second. And if they can't fix a fender then they are not a body shop...... I can almost understand the endura but not really......

·
Registered
279 Posts
Even the endura they should know. They should be trained to work with all materials. Hopefully the cars paint doesnt have hidden nightmares underneath

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's why I mentioned the not really part. Endura isn't super difficult just time consuming.

(my last bird I hand sanded it completely)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts