·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
That's a cool sticker, where did you get it? That isn't something that came on the cars is it? I want some!
Yes, these came on some 1st gen Birds. There are more details about 'em in the links I posted. It seems they were silk screened onto the inside of the glass. Then, sometime during the '68 model year, they were discontinued. :(

Here's a place that makes some decals. Looks like 3" is the smallest they make. But, there are places that will make anything you want, for a price. Some are reasonable--some are not.

http://a1decals.com/products-page/animal-decals/firebird-decal-sticker-retro-phoenix/

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
We should all pool together and get a volume discount on some replicas! Maybe as a fund raiser for FBN? I'd be willing to be involved or even lead that project if there's enough interest.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,403 Posts
Eric, If you happen to know if a shop that's willing to give decent prices on stickers, let me know. FBNCC, the car club here is interested.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I'll look into it Layna. I've got a client that does corporate promo logo stuff. Hey Don, what is the measurment of the the emblem? Wingtip to wingtip, head to tail?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll look into it Layna. I've got a client that does corporate promo logo stuff. Hey Don, what is the measurment of the the emblem? Wingtip to wingtip, head to tail?
Roughly 2" both ways. I'm not home right now. I'll measure and post exact size when I get home. :smile22:

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Hmm, if mine had em...they are long gone.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Roughly 2" both ways. I'm not home right now. I'll measure and post exact size when I get home. :smile22:
Well, them little fellers ain't near as big as I thought.

If you draw horizontal lines across the outer tips of his tail feathers, and across the tips on his head, it measures almost exactly 1 1/8".

From bottom corner to bottom corner of the wing tips measures almost exactly 1 1/2".

From top corner to top corner of the wings measures aprox 1 3/8".

TJ mentioned that GM may hold a patent on the exact image. So, any copies may have to be altered slightly. I don't know how all that works. She also mentioned that they need to be designed to stick on the inside--out of the weather. I don't know if a decal which will be seen on both sides is made differently than those made for solid surfaces, or not. But I figure the decal makers have all that info. Also need to be made out of a good material which will resist the hot sunlight. They probably won't last very long. But if they can be sold cheap enuff, they can be easily replaced, when needed. :smile22:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
In the pictures, the bird looks white. Is it actually that white or does it have a more frosted/etched look?
OK, I'm not an expert on colors or shades of colors. It looks white to me. But I realize that there are lots of colors which I'd call white, that would technically have some other name--like maybe off white, or Ivory, or gloss white, or flat white or etc, etc.

The best I can do is have TJ give an answer to your question. She has a degree in commercial art, and many years of experience. So, her opinion would be MUCH more accurate and credible than mine. :yes

So, when she gets back from church, I'll ask for her opinion. :smile22:

OK, TJ said it is stark or pure snow white. And it is not etched. It is silk screened on to the inside of the glass. It is 3-D. You can feel the image.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have an original window with that bird I pulled from a car inline for crusher about 24 years ago and no use for it, it can be had for right price ;) I have no use for it think its driver side but need to check

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.