Firebird Nation banner

Best indoor car cover

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Formula71 
#1 ·
I'm a newbie to the forum. Recently purchased a 68 and use it as a weekend driver. I have it in my garage, but being married with a kid doesn't always equate to safe storage. To avoid bumps, dings and scratches, I was hoping to put a cover on it. I was thinking it should be lightly padded for light impact protection. Did anyone have a solid recommendation. I don't want the inflatable bubble I've been seeing online. I've searched the forum and cover discussions appear to be more about outside covers. Thanks, Dana

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to FBN.

You want a cover that is breathable. Honestly, save your money and don't buy a cheap one. Bite the bullet and buy a quality custom fit one. I've had mine for 8 years and I'm still using it. It's a Wolf brand, an indoor/outdoor one. It repels water but is still breathable.

Once you start using it in the garage, you'll find you will keep it in the car for when you are out, lol.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one I have is an indoor/outdoor. It does repel water to a degree, but not if it's raining hard for days. It has a very thin bit of padding to it, but not enough to really do much. For me that wasn't a priority, but not much will truly protect the car from bumps and bruises except the bubble. Mine did get one ding under the cover. No one at my house has claimed responsibility for it yet, lol. But other than that, the cover has done well.

The car is in the shop right now and the cover is with the car, so I can't check to see if there is a model number on it. I don't think there is though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.