Firebird Nation banner

Best car cover?

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Sdewey 
#1 ·
I tried a search and got nothing but the ebay bot. what is the best car cover around for a 2002 ws6? it will be in a garage all winter, i mainly want something to keep the dust off and protect against a possible ding or something. i have found several for anywhere from 150-400 online, just wondering if any of you guys have any personal experience with a great brand?

#3 ·
what problems do they cause? i know even the best won't keep out dust perfectly, but it is an apartment complex garage, and occasionally things drip or flake from the ceiling, which i am much more worried about than just dust.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
My car has to be under a car cover. I don't have a garage to put the car in. The car cover cost me quite a bit. But I would rather have a cover over it then no cover in the summer time. There are tree's around the driveway. The car gets stored in a large storage place for the winter. Very reasonable to store too until April 2011. Only $150.00. I think I bought my car cover from Auto Anything.

#6 ·
Honestly when I purchased my 69 Firebird I did tons of research on car cover's including talking to the best of painters and body work guys and they all said the same thing, "The Best Car Cover is NO car Cover"
ok, i got that, but why? why is it preferably to get paint chips, dead bugs, and other crap on your car rather than have a cover on it?

#9 ·
I used a car cover last year and won't do it again. First, the squirrels liked to eat the top of the cover. Luckily they didn't eat the top of my car. Second, when I was taking it off in the spring, it was quite wet on the bottom. I'm not sure where the water came from, as it was in a closed garage, but it seemed to collect any water in the air. I think not having it on would have been better.

#11 ·
In my case not having a car cover for my car is not a option. If I didn't have it the car would have bird crap, tree sap etc. all over it. I made sure I wash the car quite often as well. I had some trouble with the wind blowing it around. I took to small bungee cords and put then in the holes for where the cable goes through too lock the car cover too the car. Well each bungee cord fits in a couple of holes on the chassis of the car which made the car cover fit tightly too the car Car cover no longer blew around in the wind to where it would come off the car. Like I said I need the car cover. I wish I had a garage to store the car in the spring and summer months. In your case Dan they make car covers for just indoor use. Mine is made for outdoor use. Check out Auto Anything car covers and do some research on the covers there. I had did quite a bit of research before I decided on what car cover to purchase.

#12 ·
I bought one for mine this year, it's only for dust and protection from the sun if I park it outside during hot days. Cost about $120, by CoverCraft, has mirror pockets and fits well. I have heard of ones like the GM Storm Shield, they retain moisture in turn causing mold

#14 ·
Store my car outside all year and purchased a CoverCraft Noah cover. I agree no cover is better but keeping it outside all the time a cover is necessary. Like the performance of this product and it did the job with good results. Get the gust guards if buying one to keep it in place. Good breathability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.