Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 78 TA that's missing front spoiler and the 4 wheel flares. Has any one bought aftermarket flares and spoiler ? how did they fit ? I had a stock 79 TA few years ago, factory flares had gaps. If you bought aftermarket and are very happy with them, where did you get them ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was going to get the Year One stuff on my build. My body and paint guy talked me out of it.

Said the factory stuff would be less work, thus less cost in the long run. I listen to the experts...most of the time.

I have seen a build that used the Year One spats and it looked very nice. No welting needed. Mine is all black so

you don't really notice the welting to much.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
If an aftermarket company makes their product to GM specifications, the part or parts should fit well. Try to find flares that are GM approved.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The guy I bought the car from has a bunch of parts for me to pick up. I'll be getting parts tomorrow. I hope he has the flares and spoiler.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got my aftermarket ones from Texas Trans Am. They are Danko ones wich are supposed to be the best. They still are not on the car. Need a lot of work to get the fit right. Elmo's Pontiac Garage (417-393-6164) should do have some factory ones for sale give him a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts