Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently had the knob that controls the ac flow (face, feet, front defrost) break and I am looking for a new one. I have found a couple but mostly only for the camaro. Are there any new ones available (preferrably at a reasonable price) for an 02 T/A / Firebird? I know our cars are in that weird spot where they're not really new but they're not really old enough to be classics either so some parts are hard to find but GM plastic sucks and replacements for it should be plentiful.

Thanks in advanced everybody

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks garydoug, yeah i had, when i was looking on fleabay all i had found was the 93-96 ac knobs and i thought those were different. I did find a whole panel on hawks for like 35 but thats before their inflated shipping gets factored in not to mention it was used which makes me a little nervous. Im also always a bit weary of good ol ebay because of condition (im not the type that likes to return something especially if it's a hassle). I ended up getting a dorman replacement but for the camaro (i like blue better than red anyway so i will probably do all my knobs like that).
Did i mention the dorman comes witha supposed lifetime warranty so if this one cracks theyll swap it out. Im a big fan of that. I'll post pics if its not hiddeous.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
I am not 100% sure of this but I think the pre-97 Firebird knobs are not lighted, meaning the light behind them doesn't show through. Otherwise I believe they are the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, thanks for the info Gary. I'll let you know how the new knob works out (superglue is still holding on the old one and I'm not ready to let go yet)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts