Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone just got my 98 firebird last week and i love it! But, im having a few problems. Problem 1 is with my lights and im not sure if this is supposed to happen. When i start the car my parking lights automatically turn on even though the light switch is in the off position. when i turn the light switch to the parking light position my lights raise and when i turn them to light position they turn on. Are the parking lights supposed to turn on automatically when you start the car? Problem 2 is with my drivers side door and my power door locks. My key lock in my drivers side door doesn't work at all. It turns but it wont lock or unlock the the drivers side door. When I first got the car the key wouldn't turn at all but i loosened it up by putting some wd-40 in the key hole. The manual bar lock inside works. I have to unlock the passenger door and reach in through the passenger side to unlock the drivers side door. Then there is my power locks. When I got the car the guy that sold it to me said the power doors locks didn't work but that isn't totally true i was trying them and they seem to unlock the doors but they won't lock them. Unfortunately my car didnt come with a remote lock. I have to lock and unlock it with the key or manually from inside. The car also didnt come with an owners manual. Is there a way I can get a copy of the orginal owners manual it came with? It also has some other issues but ill end here for now because i dont want to be a pain in anyones butt. I havent had a chance to dive into any of these issues yet. Ive only had the car a little over a week. Any help would be very much appreciated. Im not much of a mechanic but i do my best.

Thanks alot,

Todd

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,404 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts