Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a project car at the moment, it's a 95 firebird 3.8 V6. Since it would cost a lot more money and time to push a V6 to equal the power of a V8, I have come to the conclusion to do a complete swap FOR THE LONG RUN, to a beautiful LS. BUT I can't decide which would best fit my car, and which would be best for the long haul. I plan to do this once and keep it this way for a good while. I have access to a shop and all parts needed so tips would help and any good detailed information would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,476 Posts
Pretty much all LS series motors will "fit" in your vehicle. I'm not sure if one is a better fit over the other, but, I'm sure very little fabrication would be involved if any.

The decision on which LS engine to go after is more about your budget than fitment.

Frankly, you'd be better off just buying a LS1 V8 Firebird, either to use the components from, or, to just drive. This conversion is a lot more detailed and involved than just swapping engines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's time consuming and pricey but I bought this car with money I saved for a good long while and I'm halfway through building it the exact way I dreampt it up. I'm not turning back now!!! I feel doing this will make me appreciate it 10038482 times more than just buying one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts