Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone i tried finding what im looking for on hear and didnt

just got a kit from hawksthirdgen.com and didnt get instructions the ballast plugs straight into the light itself but only wires left is red and black (hot and ground id imagine)

does this mean i have to cut the plug/socket off from the headlight harness and wire in directly, because theres no plug to go into the original light socket directly if that makes sense .

dont mind the pic in the box to much the illustrated instruction shows a controller and original socket which isn't part of what i received

if you click the link

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/hid-headlight-conversion-kit-w-housings-firebird-trans-am-1993-1997/

youll see what i received is exactly the same as pictured with no controller or plug for the original socket in order to togle the hids on and off. which is why im asking if i need to cut the original plug off and wire directly

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,476 Posts
Looks like you got the wrong kit, the connectors look "universal", not GM.

While I can't advise you on the product or installation, I want to beg of you: Please, don't cut anything... Use a set of vampire taps or some other type of connector to tie into the existing electrical system. ...maybe even find a way to SAFELY remove the connector from the halogen light and solder the hid leads onto it and plug it in. Heck, maybe go to Chevy and buy the proper connector.

Just don't go hacking up the electrical system.

Start by calling the company though, what you received is NOT what was represented.

Good luck!

Reactions: 94FireBird650

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree i didnt want to cut anything, and havnt gotten a hold of my mechanic (still new) but i called the company and their closed until the third of the new year but thank you ill try what you said if the company shoots me down being it was a gift

1 - 3 of 3 Posts